Schedule Your HVAC Maintenance This Fall!
It’s almost fall, and as the heat gives way to cooler temperatures in Tuscaloosa, now’s the perfect time to schedule your bi-annual HVAC maintenance tune-up. Ensure your furnace or heat pump is working properly and efficiently and lessen your risk of costly, untimely breakdowns when you sign up for regular preventative maintenance with Legacy Heating & Cooling. Keep reading for more benefits our maintenance plan provides.
What We Offer
Legacy Heating & Cooling offers a regularly scheduled maintenance plan for our customers that goes above and beyond other plans in our area. Having your home’s HVAC system checked out on a regular basis with our HVAC Maintenance Plan helps prevent future costly repairs in your Tuscaloosa, Northport, or West Alabama home, and it helps keep your system running more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bill.
What You Get
With preventative maintenance from Legacy, you’ll receive these benefits:
- Less need for repairs and extended equipment life, saving you money in the short and the long run.
- Certified technicians who are trained to work on virtually any system. We will examine your system and properly diagnose any problems and fix them right the first time.
- Maximized efficiency to save you money on your monthly energy bills and provide you with better levels of comfort.
- Two maintenance visits per year; recommended in the spring and in fall.
- Priority customer status when you need service, repairs, or eventual system replacement.
What We Do
During our maintenance visits, we ensure your HVAC system is working properly, and make any adjustments necessary. We always let you know before we do anything that may impact your comfort or your wallet. Our maintenance services include:
- Filter inspection
- Inside coil inspection (clean at discounted rate if necessary)
- Inspection of primary & secondary drains
- Blower components inspection, cleaning, and adjustments as necessary
- Lubrication of all moving parts (where applicable)
- Tightening all loose electrical connections
- Monitoring air conditioner operating pressures for proper refrigerant charge
- Monitoring voltage and average draw on all motors and heaters
- Monitoring air conditioning and heating cycles
- Inspection of heat exchanger and burners – will vacuum and/ or adjust as necessary
- Adjusting gas pressure as necessary
- Pilot operation inspection and adjustments as necessary
- Monitoring flue draft for safe operation
- Inspecting and testing safety operations
- Adjusting air flow for proper temperature rise and fall
- Inspection of thermostat operations
What You Can Do
While becoming a member of our preventative maintenance plan is the best way to keep proper system operation and lower energy bills, there are also several things you can do to ensure longevity in the life of your system.
- Change or clean your filter every 1-3 months. If you find your filter gets clogged quickly, you may need to upgrade your filter or try one of our air purification systems.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat to save energy by scheduling temperatures according to your lifestyle. Don’t waste energy on cooling your home when you’re not there!
- Keep the outdoor system free of leaves, limbs, and other obstructions. Keep at least 3 feet of clearance from bushes, foliage, or fencing.
- Vacuum the dust from all the air vents around your house. If you haven’t done this regularly, they may need to be taken down and washed in warm, soapy water.
- Sign up for preventative maintenance today!
- Do not hesitate to contact Legacy Heating & Cooling for questions, service, or second opinions regarding your heat pump or furnace needs this fall and winter.
Legacy Heating & Cooling offers heating services to residents of Tuscaloosa and the surrounding areas. If you’re interested in furnace repair or replacement, heat pump repair or replacement, or a maintenance plan, give us a call at (205) 364-1044 or visit our website.
As your local American Standard Customer Care Dealer in Tuscaloosa, AL, we care about the comfort of your whole home and family. For more information, tips, and to follow along with our work, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram! HVAC maintenance this fallHVAC maintenance this fallHVAC maintenance this fall HVAC maintenance this fallHVAC maintenance this fallHVAC maintenance this fall