Why Get Preventative Maintenance?
The number one cause of heating and air conditioning system failures is homeowners not having routine preventative maintenance performed on their system. Regular comprehensive maintenance on your equipment increases efficiency and extends the life of your system, because just like your car, your HVAC system needs preventative maintenance to continue operating in good condition.
An easy way to have your system checked regularly is by becoming a Legacy Heating & Cooling Maintenance Plan member today! Plan members automatically receive pre-season check-ups where your system will be professionally inspected, cleaned, and tuned-up. You’ll also receive other benefits like priority service and special discounts.
What We Do
We’ve included a list here to give you insight to what our maintenance plan looks like for Legacy Heating & Cooling Maintenance Plan members:
- We provide a precision tune-up and professional cleaning & safety inspection.
- We improve the efficiency of your system while extending the life of the equipment.
- We ensure improved safety of any system issues.
- We provide proactive maintenance to our maintenance plan members.
- We provide information on sales, rebates, latest trends and new technologies.
- We provide special priority customer status for other needs from our company.
- Above all, we stand behind our work and will ensure you are 100% satisfied.
What You Can Do
While becoming a Legacy Heating & Cooling Maintenance Plan member provides promise for an efficient and effective system, there are also several things you can do as a homeowner to ensure longevity in the life of your system.
- Make sure you have a clean filter monthly and change it when it’s dirty. Always have several filters on hand.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. You can save energy by programming the temperature so the system doesn’t run so much while you are away.
- The outside condenser unit coils need to be free of dirt, leaves, grass and whatever else may inhibit proper airflow across the condenser coil.
- Check your air handler or furnace and vacuum for any dust or debris in and around the unit. Dirt can clog the air flow and it can overwork the equipment.
- Vacuum the dust from all the air registers around your house.
- Check vents and make sure they are clear of furniture, rugs, drapery, etc., to let air flow freely.
- Have your HVAC system serviced seasonally: Primarily in the Spring and Fall.
- Do not hesitate to contact us for questions, service or second opinions regarding your a/c and heating needs.
Legacy Heating & Cooling is a trusted American Standard Heating and Air Conditioning dealer in Gordo, AL. Our professional staff can answer any questions you might have, and make recommendations as to which system will work better for your individual situation.
You may also call us at (205) 364-1044 or email us at [email protected].