We can all agree costs of the holidays add up quickly, and Halloween is no exception. We like to buy decorations, food, costumes, candy, and the list goes on. However, it doesn’t have to cost a fortune! Invest a little more time and a little less money into your Halloween festivities with DIY projects. And, your kids will love helping out, too! We’ve put together a list of our favorite Halloween DIY projects so you can start getting your scare on!
- Toilet Paper Pumpkins: We love this idea! You probably have a couple toilet paper rolls to spare for Halloween, and the only other things you need are a little fabric, a few leaves, and a couple small branches! For step by step directions on how to create your toilet paper pumpkin, click here: https://www.instrupix.com/diy-easy-toilet-paper-pumpkins-craft/
- Spooky Silhouettes on the Windows: This DIY project couldn’t be easier! All you need is a pair of scissors, some black construction paper, and tape! Cut out figures of ghosts, bats, witches, and all things scary! Then, all that’s left is taping them to the inside of your windows so they look like shadows to passerby’s. Spooky!
- Halloween Wreath: Of course, you need a wreath for Halloween! Although wreaths can be pretty expensive to buy pre-made, making your own can save you money! It can even be as simple as getting the pre-made twig base, spray painting it black, and adding fake snakes all over it! That’s a scary door to knock on!
- Bank Robbers: For this outfit, you probably already own half of what you need. Grab everything in black including pants, shoes, a beanie, gloves, and a mask. Finish it off with a black and white striped t-shirt and a money bag and you’re officially a bank robber! Well, not officially… we hope.
- M&M’s: This costume idea is great for a family wanting to dress up together. Simply wear oversized t-shirts (everyone in a different color) and put the nationally recognized M&M “M” on each one and you’re good to go! Want a little extra pop? Add socks to match your shirts!
- Aliens: Anyone can be an alien, it’s easy! Men, wear a collared button down with jeans, and women, wear a dress with a wide skirt and leggings. Get the kids in jumpsuits and spray paint everything silver; even your hair! You’ll look like you’re just visiting town from outer space. Just be sure you use clothes that you won’t wear again.
- Mummy Wrap: This is a great game for the kids to play. Get out the toilet paper again for this DIY project! Have two kids be the mummies and get the others to race in wrapping them in toilet paper. The team that completely covers their mummy first, wins!
- Apple Bobbing: Since everyone will likely be indulging in lots of sweet treats, apple bobbing is a great way to bring in a healthier option to the fun festivities. All you need for this one is apples, a big bucket, and water. This game is great for everyone!
- What’s In the Bowl: This game is sure to be a scary one that’ll get your guests’ adrenaline going. Put random objects such as pumpkin seeds, slimy noodles, or fake snakes in bowls. Cover the bowls with aluminum foil so they can’t see inside. Have your guests feel inside the bowls one at a time and guess what they felt! We’re getting chills just thinking about it.
We care about the comfort of your whole home, and if Halloween is what makes you comfortable, we’re here to provide ideas and inspiration! For more helpful tips for your home and family, visit our website at https://legacyhvac.net/. If you need help or advice about your home’s comfort system, or give us a call at (205) 364-1044.